If you have registered before, the procedures are basically the same each year.
Print the registration/fee form. Fill it in and send a copy to “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Call or text (416-737-7285) to arrange for payment (cheque, cash, or etransfer).
New! We have created a MS Excel spreadsheet option for automatic calculations.
It may seem a daunting task to fill in a form that has Student Information, Scheduling, and Camp Fees on one page…and it can be. We offer the following three methods to completing the Registration Form. Remember all early discount deadlines are based on the payment dates, yet you can get a full refund before June 1 (excluding registration fees).
- Manual Registration Form. This is the registration method we have used for twenty years. You can fill out the student information and fee calculations, but we recommend simply filling out the information section and texting a picture to us. We will calculate the fees and send it back to you. If you want to fill out both sections, please view the next tab for help (“Manual Registration”).
Click here for the form: –>0 Camp Juku Registration Form (Manual Input)
- Automated Registration Form (NEW!). If you have access to Microsoft Excel (at least v.2013), this is the easiest way to complete the registration form. Simply download the spreadsheet and fill in the information in the left box. As you fill it in the calculation will appear. This method allows parents to plan their weeks and options (meal plans, extended hours…) to meet their budget.
Click here to download the spreadsheet: –>0 Camp Registration 2018 (Excel 2013)
(Note: If there are technical problems, call/text us or use the “Manual Reg Form”)
- Register directly with a person. If you prefer to ask questions in person and have someone complete the form with you, you can make an appointment with the Camp Director, Paul Tazumi. Paul will be at: Richmond Green HS (Mon), Beckett Farm PS (Tue); PE Trudeau HS (Wed), Stouffville DSS (Thu), and Mount Joy PS (Fri). All meetings are after 7:30pm. Please call to confirm appointment times. Payments can be made at these locations.
We review all emailed or texted registration forms and confirm the fees. Payments can be arranged by E-transfer (receipt will be emailed). Cash or cheque payment will require an appointment.
Completing the Manual Form.
For those “brave” souls who have decided to try to fill out the form, don’t worry if you make a few mistakes, we will correct them. Many parents will take a picture of their partially completed form and email it to us, email@example.com. We’ll complete the form and email/text it back. The first step is to print the Camp Juku Registration Form – 2018 (manual).
Student information Section (top part).
- Enter the location (top of form)
- Enter your email address. Most correspondence is through email.
- List any conditions or food allergies we should be aware of.
- Your child’s age, grade (next Sept), and English and Math marks (optional).The marks will help us to initially assess the starting level of the material given out. We will assess your child’s level every day.
Scheduling Section : Choose the weeks and any options (meal plan, extended hours, partial weeks…)
Fee Section : (The 10% discount applies to additional siblings)
- The left side is used to calculate your weekly fees. The right side includes the registration and field trip fees (if applicable).
- If you’re at the Camp July 3-6 or August 7-10, these are four day weeks. You only pay for the four days or .8 of a week.
- Field Trip days are scheduled during the weeks of July 23-27 and August 13-17. Each field trip is $17 per person (includes everything, transportation, park entrance, food and drinks..).
- Adjustments are: 1) Save $5 if you can bring last year’s Camp Juku binder, 2) save $5 off the field trip if you’re on the meal plan 3) save and referrals recorded from last year, and 4) $15 extra if you require a “car shuttle” from BF to MJ for the first week.
Approval and Refund information Section: Read, sign, and date.
Take a picture and email or text it to us. 416-737-7285 , firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment: You can pay by cheque, cash, or E-transfer. You will receive a receipt (save for tax or refund purposes). You are not registered until payment is received.
Referral discounts are now automatically added to this year’s fees.
Referrals must be completed by June 1.
Most of our new students come from previous students telling their friends about the great time they had at Camp Juku. We would like to reward our loyal families. Our referral discounts are available to all previous Juku Learning Centre parents (camp or classes).
Receive a $20 referral credit for every new family you refer to Camp Juku.
The new family will also receive a $20 discount.
Step 1: To refer a family, just email: email@example.com before they register and before June 1.
Step 2: When they register, there will be a $20 discount applied to their fees.
Step 3: When you register, all your referral discounts will be applied to your fees.
If you continue to refer families after you have registered, you will be receive a $20 credit for next year.
Once again we “hate” paperwork! These conditions must be met. No exceptions.
- The existing family (“referrer”) must be previously and currently registered with Juku. The new family (“referree”) must have never had a family member attend any courses or camp at Juku or One Red Apple (Juku/ORA).
- The referrer must email Juku (firstname.lastname@example.org) the referree’s name before the referree registers and before June 1.
- New students must complete a minimum of three weeks for Summer Camp referrals.
If they do not complete the three weeks, then all referral fees must be returned (or discounted from refunds).
- If more than one family refers the same family, the discount will go to whomever emails the referral first.
- The “referrees” can only claim one referral discount. This includes the “Bring a Friend” promotion.
- Referrals are not “retroactive”, that is, once a new student contacts us and we create a registration confirmation form, they cannot claim a referral discount later.
Camp Refund Information
Things happen! When you miss a class because of sickness, “Wonderland” visits, relatives in town, or for any reason, we do provide partial refunds.
Only the “Class Fees” including: meal plans, and extended hours are refundable, other fees (registration fees, field trips, car transfers…) are not refundable. Non-qualifying discounts/referrals (“Adjustments”) are may be deducted from the refund. There is a minimum refund fee of $15 per student.
The refunds are based on the date of the email.
Before June 1, 2018: 100% of the “Class Fees” are refundable.
Before July 1,
After July 1,
Refunds are only available if we receive an email confirmation at email@example.com before any days are missed. At the end of camp, we will only be looking at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important that you apply for a refund before the class is missed. Refunds are processed the first week of October. All refunds must be picked up before December 31/18 and accompanied with the original receipt. Without a receipt, only a non-transferable credit for next year’s Camp Juku is issued. A s
Note, this is a courtesy we offer parents when their child is sick or has to go elsewhere is not offered by very many other “camps”. We can only offer this if we strictly abide by the rule that we only considered those requests made through “email@example.com” and the processing is done after the camp is over (usually after October 7). Sorry, but there are no exceptions.
Important Highlights and Dates:
April 1 End of First Early Bird Registration. You can still receive this rate if you register for 5 or more weeks.
March-May Camp Juku Information Session. Information, video of a typical day, and Q&A. Receive special prizes. New families only.
May 15 End of Last Early Bird Registration. You can still receive this rate if you register for 4 or more weeks.
June 1 Last date to receive full refunds (less registration fees).
July 9 Camp starts at Mount Joy and Beckett Farms. Students will participate in “Leadership and Team Building” activities. Mount Joy Sports/Activity Camp Starts.
July 30 Camp starts at Pierre Elliott Trudeau High School.
July 19 Beckett Farm closed. Battle of the Camps at Mount Joy (bus transport optional).
Field Trips One day during the weeks of July 23-27, August 13-17. Subject to weather forecasts.
Last Week August 14-18. Normal morning Math/English. All fun afternoons. Field Trip. Camp year end trophies/awards.
Things to Consider:
- All summer dates are dependent on YRDSB permit approvals (usually April). If there are any changes from previous years we will notify you immediately.
- If you are selecting a partial week, you may consider taking Fridays. Students look forward to the finals of our Team Mini-Olympics, movies, medals, raffles, and visit to the toy box.
- All movies are age appropriate (two rooms). Popcorn and juice boxes are supplied.
- Trophies for outstanding academics, attitude, friendliness, and spirit will be given out during the final week.
You do not have to be in attendance the last week to win a trophy. “Iron Person” trophies are awarded for perfect attendance.
- Full refunds are available before June 1 (less registration fees). Partial refunds for missed days are available. See refund policy.
- Payments can be made in person by cheque or cash. Online payments can be made by e-transferring.
Keep your receipt for any refunds and for tax purposes. Don’t lose it!
Join Mr. Paul Tazumi, Director of Camp Juku, Juku Learning Centres, and One Red Apple Learning Organization for an evening of information, entertainment, and prizes.
Mr. T will discuss all aspects of Camp Juku 2018, show a video of a typical day, and answer all your questions about Camp Juku or anything academically relevant.
Mr. T has taught thousands of children over the last 20 years, and has two sons who have been through, public, gifted, catholic, private (University of Toronto Schools), and several universities.
If you are planning to join us, you must reserve a spot. We have limited seating.
1) Mount Joy PS (Library) 7:30-9pm
2) Pierre Elliott Trudeau HS (Rm 163) 7:30-9pm
For new parents.