Registration and Fees
Only new students need to register.
The registration form and $10 fee must be completed before attending class.
Teachers will not have time to process registrations.
You can either do everything online or make an appointment to meet the Director.
Preferred payment method is etransfer (email@example.com) or cheques.
Please contact us 416-737-7285 if you need help. Full details are listed below.
View and Print the Ratecard. Click here: –> juku registration form 2017
Key things to know:
- All calculations are based on the ratecard.
- All classes must be prepaid. Make sure you get a receipt.
- Some payments can be made at the location.
- All payments can be made at the office (appointment only) or online.
- Combo students can transfer to an appropriate SGC at no additional cost.
- The family discount only applies to immediate family (brothers and sisters).
- Combo students receive a binder to organize their notes. SGC students will get “all-you-can-write” paper/booklets.
- All requests for refunds require the “Request for refund/credit form” and the original receipt.
Step 1: Print the registration form. You’ll need this form to register. Click here: –> Juku Registration Form for New Students
Step 2: Complete only the “Parent Section”.
Part of the registration form is the assessment section (top right). We need an idea as to how your child(ren) are currently performing at school. We only need how they did on their last report card. A, B, C+… for both Math and English. This will help for the initial level of work. However, week by week, the teacher will assess the work’s appropriateness.
We also require an email and signature.
Step 3: Submission of Form. You can now proceed with one of the following three options:
1. Send us a digital copy of the form. Easiest way to is to take a picture and text or email us. Note: to get near perfect pictures, you can use a free pdf/scanner app.
Many exist, I use “Camscanner” on my Apple phone.
2. Meet the Director, either at one of the “Information Sessions” or at most school locations (especially during the first few weeks). Please call to confirm the times.
Students can not just show up at a class because the teachers will not have material prepared, nor have time to deal with registration and assessment.
Step 4: Attend class. Just bring a pencil and eraser.
The teacher will welcome you and have material prepared.
The Math/English Combo classes will be from 6-7:30pm at the following schools:
Middlefield Collegiate Institute, Sept 25 (Monday), room 144
Pierre Elliott Trudeau High School, Sept 20 (Wednesday), room 163
Richmond Green Secondary School, Sept 21 (Thursday), room 140
Mount Joy Public School, Sept 22 (Friday), Library
Small Group Classes are currently being scheduled.
Classes ready to be scheduled soon: Grades 8 Advanced Math/English class, Grade 9 Advanced Math
Classes highly likely to be scheduled: Grade 7 Math, Grade 5/6 Writing
Classes we’d like to schedule: Learn-to-Read, Public Speaking
If you would like to see a class scheduled, please let us know by emailing or texting us: the type of class, your child’s name, and preferred day/time.
Snow Days or Cancelled Classes.
If for any reason, Juku is not able to run a class, there will be a full refund for that class. A cheque will be issued the last day of class. The most notable occurrence is when the school board cancels a class due to inclement weather.
There is no credit or refunds for missing a few classes. Students should attend another class during the same week or arrange for homework or notes pickup. If you are planning to take at least 4 weeks off, you can apply for credit or adjust your first payment prior to missing any classes.
It is important to complete a “Request for Credit/Refund” form as soon as possible. Refunds are available for the remaining FULL MONTHS ONLY from the date a refund form is submitted. Refunds are based on the ratecard rate for the months taken. ($70 per month for less than 3 months).
Refunds are not available for Small Group Classes. Since most Small Group Classes and Learn-to-Read Classes are based on having a certain enrolment for a specified number of weeks, it is not reasonable to reschedule a class once it starts.
Refer a Friend and Save!
Most of our new students come from parent’s spreading the “word” to friends, office colleagues and relatives. We would like to reward our loyal families.
Receive a $30 referral credit for every new family you refer to Juku. The referral credit can be applied to next year’s Camp Juku or Juku Classes.
Once again we “hate” paperwork! These conditions must be met. No exceptions.
- You must email Juku (firstname.lastname@example.org) the new student’s name before he/she submits the registration form (in person or online) or attends an information session.
- A member of a “New Family” is anyone who has never had a family member attend any course or camp at Juku or One Red Apple (Juku/ORA).
- New students must complete a minimum of three months of the Combo Classes or Small Group Classes.
- Referral credits are non-transferable and must be used before the following September 15
- Referrers must have attended Camp Juku in the last two years. The referrer must have experienced the course in order to say “good” things about it and convince others to come.
- If more than one family refers another family, the credit will go to whomever emails the referral first.