Only new students need to register. (There is no registration fee)
You can either do everything online or talk to the Director for help (416-737-7285).
Payments can be made by etransfer (firstname.lastname@example.org), cheques, or cash.
Basically, if you register for the year before March 1, the Combo rate is $50/month.
For Small Group Classes, the fees are based on the length of each class and the number of classes.
To view and print the complete ratecard, click here: –> 2019-20 Ratecard
Key things to know:
- The final calculations are based on the ratecard and the number of classes at your location.
- Call or text us (416-737-7285) and we can do the calculations for you.
- All classes must be prepaid. Make sure you get a receipt.
- Full year Combo students can transfer to an appropriate Small Group Class by paying the difference.
- The family discount only applies to immediate family (brothers and sisters).
- New Combo students receive a binder to organize their notes, once they register and make payment.
Combo Registration Process For New Students
Step 1: Print the registration form or register on your first day. Click here: –>Registration Form
Step 2: Complete only the “Parent Section”.
Part of the registration form is the assessment section (top right). We need an idea as to how your child(ren) are currently performing at school. We only need how they did on their last report card. A, B, C+… for both Math and English. This will help with the initial level of work. However, week by week, the teacher will assess the work’s appropriateness. We also require an email and signature.
Step 3: Submission of Form. You can now proceed with one of the following three options:
1. Send us a digital copy of the form. Easiest way to is to take a picture and text or email us.
2. Meet the Director, either at one of the “Information Sessions” or at most school locations (especially during the first few weeks). Please call to confirm the times.
Students can not just show up at a class because the teachers will not have material prepared, nor have time to deal with registration and assessment.
Step 4: Attend class. Just bring a pencil and eraser. The teacher will welcome you and have material prepared.
The Math/English Combo classes will be from 6-7:15pm at the following schools:
Middlefield Collegiate Institute, (Monday), room 140
Pierre Elliott Trudeau High School, (Wednesday), room 163
Bill Hogarth Secondary School, (Thursday), tbd
Mount Joy Public School, (Friday), Library
All Tutoring Classes are scheduled by demand.
If you would like to see a new class scheduled, please let us know by emailing or texting us: the type of class, your child’s name, and preferred day/time.
Once we have at least four students at the same level and can make the class at the same time, we will try to assemble a class.
Classes ready to be scheduled soon: Grades 8 Advanced Math/English class, Grade 9 Advanced Math
Classes highly likely to be scheduled: Grade 7 Math, Grade 5/6 Writing
Classes we’d like to schedule: Learn-to-Read, Public Speaking, Vocabulary/Spelling, Math Drills for Skills
Two Week Guarantee!
New students to Juku can recieve a full refund before the third week.
Snow Days or Cancelled Classes.
If for any reason, Juku is not able to run a class, there will be a full refund for that class. A cheque will be issued the last day of class. The most notable occurrence is when the school board cancels a class due to inclement weather.
There is no credit or refunds for missing a few classes. Students should attend another class during the same week or arrange for homework or notes pickup. If you are planning to take at least 4 weeks off, you can adjust your first payment.
It is important to complete a “Request for Credit/Refund” form or email email@example.com as soon as possible. Refunds are available for the remaining FULL MONTHS ONLY from the date a refund form is submitted. Refunds are based on the ratecard rate for the months taken. ($70 per month for less than 3 months).
Refunds are not available for Tutoring Classes. Since most Small Group Classes and Learn-to-Read Classes are based on having a certain enrolment for a specified number of weeks, it is not reasonable to reschedule a class once it starts.
Referral Discounts for Combo Classes
Referrals must be completed by Jan 15.
Our referral discounts are available to all previous Juku Learning Centre parents (camp or classes).
Receive a $20 referral credit for every new family you refer to Camp Juku. The new family will also receive a $20 discount.
Step 1: To refer a family, just email: firstname.lastname@example.org before they register and before Jan 15.
Step 2: When they register, there will be a $20 discount applied to their fees.
Step 3: When you register, all your referral discounts will be applied to your fees.
If you continue to refer families after you have registered, you will be receive a $20 credit for next year.
Once again we “hate” paperwork! These conditions must be met. No exceptions.
- The existing family (“referrer”) must be previously and currently registered with Juku. The new family (“referree”) must have never had a family member attend any courses or camp at Juku or One Red Apple (Juku/ORA).
- The referrer must email Juku (email@example.com) the referee’s name before the referee registers and before Jan 15.
- New students must register for a minimum of four consecutive months (16 classes).
If they do not complete the four months, then all referral fees must be returned (or discounted from refunds).
- If more than one family refers the same family, the discount will go to whomever emails the referral first.
- Referrals are not “retroactive”, that is, once a new student contacts us and we create a registration confirmation form, they cannot claim a referral discount later.