Learn-to-Read (LTR) for non-readers (JK,SK,1)
“Get Ahead, Stay Ahead – Start Reading Early”
Through a series of phonics-based short and fun activities (6 levels),
your child will learn the reading skills basic to academic success.
1 hour of class time per week
1-3 hours of homework
The Learn-to-Read classes are teacher-driven classes. Teacher’s will spend their time marking homework, assigning new work, teaching a phonics-based lesson, and creating a short story to be read by all the senior students.
Once students are reading, they will be promoted to JUKU’s Math and English Combo Class.
* Note: If you cannot make the LTR class time, it is possible for SK students to attend the Combo Classes.
Juku’s Reading Strategy
- Developing drawing skills. How to use a pencil and draw.
- Recognizing letters. Sorting, Capitalization, Sounds.
- Learning how to write letters. Proper formation.
- Understanding letter combinations. ch, bl, tr, gl…
- Identifying the sound of words. Listen, Identify, Print.
- Reading Irregular words. Silent letters, Tricky words.
- Reading simple sentences and stories.
- Practice, Practice, Practice.