One Red Apple
A non-profit corporation.
The primary purpose of One Red Apple (ORA) is the establishment and operation of an educational organization that will offer affordable academic programs to elementary school children “struggling” with fundamental skills.
ORA Classes and Summer Camp
- Math programs for struggling students. Struggling is defined as students: at risk of failing; performing telow the grade expectatons; or good students who have a weakness in a pre-requisite area.
- English programs for poor readers, spellers, or writers. Small group classes with a specific skill-based purpose (reading, spelling, grammar, writing, vocabulary…).
- Summer Help Program for students who desire to use their Summer to upgrade their math or English skills. This will be in conjunction with Juku Learning Centres.
Other ORA Goals:
- Giving all students an opportunity through discounts or finacial awards to afford classes and tutoring that will help them reach their academic potential.
- Fostering community spirit and volunteerism among the staff and student body through helping each other, social events, charitable causes, and educational contests.
- Developing a group of high school volunteer markers/facilitators to assist teachers with the classes and camp activities in math and non-math areas.
Mental Math Classes
After registering, all new students will receive a binder and a two week assessment trial. There is a one-time $10 registration fee.
The Combo has over 500 levels of work spread over ten colour levels.
Markham Office 5694 Hwy 7
Pierre Elliott Trudeau HS
Beckett Farm PS
Middlefield Collegiate Institute
Mount Joy PS
Director: Paul Tazumi