If you have registered before, the procedures are basically the same each year.
Manual Form: Print the registration form. Complete the student information section (left side). Text us a picture.
On-line Form: Complete the Excel spreadsheet with automatic fee calculations. Click on “email”.
We will send back a fee confirmation. Payment can be arranged (etransfer, cash, or cheque).
It may seem a daunting task to fill in a form that has Student Information, Scheduling, and Camp Fees on one page…and it can be. We offer the following three methods to completing the Registration Form. Remember all early discount deadlines are based on the payment dates, yet you can get a full refund before June 1 (excluding registration fees).
- Automated Registration Form. If you have access to Microsoft Excel (at least v.2013), this is the easiest way to complete the registration form. Simply download the spreadsheet and fill in the information in the left box. As you fill it in the calculations will appear on the right side. This method allows parents to plan their weeks and options (meal plans, extended hours…) to meet their budget.
Click here to download the spreadsheet: –>Camp Juku Registration (Excel)
(Note: If there are technical problems, call/text us or use the “Manual Registration Form”)
- Manual Registration Form. You can fill out the student information and fee calculations, but we recommend simply filling out the information section and texting a picture to us. We will calculate the fees and send it back to you.
Click here for the Manual Form: –>Camp Juku Registration (PDF)
- Register directly with a person (up to June 14). If you prefer to ask questions in person and have someone complete the form with you, you can either phone us or make an appointment with the Camp Director, Paul Tazumi. Paul will be at: Middlefield CI (Mon), Beckett Farm PS (Tue); PE Trudeau HS (Wed), and Mount Joy PS (Fri). All meetings are after 7:15pm. Please call or text to confirm appointment times. Payments can be made at these locations.
We will review all emailed or texted registration forms and return a confirmation/receipt.
The confirmation page must be signed and returned (email or a text picture is acceptable).
Payments can be arranged by E-transfer (receipt will be emailed). Cash or cheque payment will require an appointment.
Automated Fee Details
Here’s some of the background calculations automatically performed by spreadsheet formulas.
- Camp Weekly Fee: The fees are based on the payment date or the number of weeks registered. Rates are lower for JK, SK, grade 1 students.
- Family Discount: For direct family members (siblings). The 10% is applied to the higher weekly fee.
- Total Weekly Fees include: Camp Fees, Family Fees, Meal Plans, and Extended Care Fees.
- Field Trips only applies to students registered the weeks: July 22-26 or Aug 12-16
- Binder discount ($5) applies to previous students who can bring back their camp binders.
- Gym Fees ($5/week) is applied to Mount Joy students who will be taking the Sports & Recreation option.
- Adjustments are mainly for referrals, but any special requests not covered by the standard fee schedule.
- Registration Fee ($15) applies to all students (material, binder fees, weekly prizes, popcorn, juice boxes, snacks, prizes, trophies…)
Early bird deadlines are based on the payment dates.
Referral discounts are now automatically added to this year’s fees.
Referrals must be completed by June 1.
Most of our new students come from previous students telling their friends about the great time they had at Camp Juku. We would like to reward our loyal families. Our referral discounts are available to all previous Juku Learning Centre parents (camp or classes).
Receive a $20 referral credit for every new family you refer to Camp Juku.
The new family will also receive a $20 discount.
Step 1: To refer a family, just email: email@example.com before they register and before June 1.
Step 2: When they register, there will be a $20 discount applied to their fees.
Step 3: When you register, all your referral discounts will be applied to your fees.
If you continue to refer families after you have registered, you will be receive a $20 credit for next year.
Once again we “hate” paperwork! These conditions must be met. No exceptions.
- The existing family (“referrer”) must be previously and currently registered with Juku. The new family (“referree”) must have never had a family member attend any courses or camp at Juku or One Red Apple (Juku/ORA).
- The referrer must email Juku (firstname.lastname@example.org) the referree’s name before the referree registers and before June 1.
- New students must complete a minimum of three weeks for Summer Camp referrals.
If they do not complete the three weeks, then all referral fees must be returned (or discounted from refunds).
- If more than one family refers the same family, the discount will go to whomever emails the referral first.
- The “referrees” can only claim one referral discount. This includes the “Bring a Friend” promotion.
- Referrals are not “retroactive”, that is, once a new student contacts us and we create a registration confirmation form, they cannot claim a referral discount later.
Camp Refund Information
Things happen! When you miss a class because of sickness, “Wonderland” visits, relatives in town, or for any reason, we do provide partial refunds.
Only the “Class Fees” including: meal plans, and extended hours are refundable, other fees (registration fees, field trips, car transfers…) are not refundable. Non-qualifying discounts/referrals (“Adjustments”) are may be deducted from the refund. There is a minimum refund fee of $15 per student.
The refunds are based on the date of the email.
Before June 1, 2018: 100% of the “Class Fees” are refundable.
Before July 1, 2018 : 70% of the “Class Fees” are refundable.
After July 1, 2018 : 50% of the “Class Fees” are refundable.
Refunds are only available if we receive an email confirmation at email@example.com before any days are missed. At the end of camp, we will only be looking at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important that you apply for a refund before the class is missed. Refunds are processed the first week of October. All refunds must be picked up before December 31/18 and accompanied with the original receipt. Without a receipt, only a non-transferable credit for next year’s Camp Juku is issued. A small fee is applied to e-transfers.
Note, this is a courtesy we offer parents when their child is sick or has to go elsewhere is not offered by very many other “camps”. We can only offer this if we strictly abide by the rule that we only considered those requests made through “email@example.com” and the processing is done after the camp is over (usually after October 7). Sorry, but there are no exceptions.
Important Highlights and Dates:
March 31 End of First Early Bird Registration. You can still receive this rate if you register for 5 or more weeks.
May 15 End of Last Early Bird Registration. You can still receive this rate if you register for 3 or more weeks.
June 1 Last date to receive full refunds (less registration fees). See refund policy for partial refunds.
July 8 Camp starts. Students will participate in “Leadership and Team Building” activities. Mount Joy Sports/Activity Camp Starts.
Field Trips One day during the weeks of July 22-26, August 12-16. Subject to weather forecasts.
Last Week August 12-16. Normal morning Math/English. All fun afternoons. Field Trip. Camp year end trophies/awards.
Things to Consider:
- All summer dates are dependent on YRDSB permit approvals (usually April). If there are any changes from previous years we will notify you immediately.
- If you are selecting a partial week, you may consider taking Fridays. Students look forward to the finals of our Team Mini-Olympics, movies, medals, raffles, and visit to the toy box.
- All movies are age appropriate (two rooms). Popcorn and juice boxes are supplied.
- Trophies for outstanding academics, attitude, friendliness, and spirit will be given out during the final week.
You do not have to be in attendance the last week to win a trophy. “Iron Person” trophies are awarded for perfect attendance.
- Full refunds are available before June 1 (less registration fees). Partial refunds for missed days are available. See refund policy.
- Payments can be made in person by cheque or cash. Online payments can be made by e-transferring.
Keep your receipt for any refunds and for tax purposes. Don’t lose it!
Camp Juku Information Sessions (Free)
Note: For 2019, please view the “Camp Juku Welcome Video”.
If you have any specific questions, please call/text, Paul at 416-737-7285
Join Mr. Paul Tazumi, Director of Camp Juku, Juku Learning Centres, and One Red Apple Learning Organization for an evening of information, entertainment, and prizes.
Mr. T will discuss all aspects of Camp Juku 2018, show a video of a typical day, and answer all your questions about Camp Juku or anything academically relevant.
Mr. T has taught thousands of children over the last 20 years, and has two sons who have been through, public, gifted, catholic, private (St. John, William Berczy, Markham District HS, University of Toronto Schools), and several universities (York, Western, McMaster, Lakehead, UPenn).
If you are planning to join us, you must reserve a spot. We have limited seating.
If you are planning to join us, you must reserve a spot. We have limited seating.
1) Mount Joy PS (Library) 7:30-9pm
2) Pierre Elliott Trudeau HS (Rm 163) 7:30-9pm
For new parents.