*** Covid 19 Changes: Camp Juku is closed this summer. We are offering online classes. ***
How to Register
Student Information, Scheduling, and Camp Fees are all found on the Registration Form.
An excellent start for new parents is to view our… –> Registration Video.
We offer the following four methods to completing the Registration Form.
1. Automated Registration Form. If you are not on a smartphone and have access to Microsoft Excel (at least v.2013), this is the easiest way to complete the registration form. Simply fill in the basic information and the calculations will be done for you. Click —>CJ Registration Form (2020) v.3.5
Note: If there are technical problems, call/text us or use the “Manual Registration Form”).
2. Manual Registration Form. You can try to fill out the student information and fee calculations, but we recommend simply filling out the information section and texting a picture to us. We will calculate the fees and send it back to you. Click –>CJ Registration Form (pdf) v.3.5
3. No computer! No problem!: Go to the “contact us” page on the website and email us the basic information (names, email, cell number, location, weeks, extended hours, meal plan…) and we will send you back a completed form along with a quote for fees.
4. Register directly with a person (up to June 14). If you prefer to ask questions in person and have someone complete the form with you, you can either phone us or make an appointment with the Camp Director, Paul Tazumi. Paul will be at: Mount Joy PS (Friday after 7:15pm), or the Scarborough Office (4168 Finch). Please call or text to confirm appointment times. Payments can be made at these locations.
Early discount deadlines are based on the payment dates, yet you can get a full refund before June 1 (excluding registration fees).
We will review all registration forms and return a confirmation/receipt. The confirmation page must be signed and returned (email or a text picture is acceptable). Payments can be arranged by E-transfer, cash, or cheque (receipts will be emailed).
Important Highlights and Dates:
March 31 End of First Early Bird Registration. You can still receive this rate if you register for 6 or more weeks.
May 15 End of Last Early Bird Registration. You can still receive this rate if you register for 3 or more weeks.
June 1 Last date to receive full refunds (less registration fees). See refund policy for partial refunds.
June 14 Last day of “Tutoring Classes” at schools and to make payments in person. Online (etransfer) payments only.
July 6 Camp starts. Students will participate in “Leadership and Team Building” activities. Mount Joy Sports/Activity Camp Starts.
All registration, payments, and comments will be conducted in the evenings during the camp weeks.
Field Trips One day during the weeks of July 27-August 1, August 18-22. Subject to weather forecasts.
Last Week August 18-22 Normal morning Math/English. All fun afternoons. Field Trip. Camp year end trophies/awards.
Things to Consider:
- All summer dates are dependent on YRDSB permit approvals (usually April). If there are any changes from previous years we will notify you immediately.
- If you are selecting a partial week, you may consider taking Fridays. Students look forward to the finals of our Team Mini-Olympics, movies, prizes, raffles, and visit to the toy box.
- If you are taking 4 out of 5 days in a week, it is better to pay for the complete week and refund the missing day. Paying for 4 days will be more than a full week.
- All movies are age appropriate (two rooms). Popcorn and juice boxes are supplied.
- Trophies will be given out during the final week. You do not have to be in attendance the last week to win a trophy. “Iron Person” trophies are awarded for perfect attendance. The top award are the Teacher’s Choice and Spirit Awards.
- Full refunds are available before June 1 (less $25/student administration fees). Partial refunds for missed days are available. See refund policy.
- Keep your receipt for any refunds and for tax purposes. Don’t lose it!
Referral Policy (Camp)
Refer a friend to Camp Juku and you and your friend will receive a $20 referral discount.
Most of our new students come from previous students telling their friends about the great time they had at Camp Juku. We would like to reward our loyal families. Our referral discounts are available to all previous Juku Learning Centre parents (camp or classes) who are registering for three or more weeks.
To refer a family, just email: email@example.com before they register and before June 1.
Conditions: These conditions must be met. No exceptions.
1. The new family (“Referree”) must have never had a family member attend any courses or camp at Juku.
2. The returning family (“Referrer”) must have prevously attended the camp or classes at Juku.
3. The Referrer must email Juku (firstname.lastname@example.org) the referree’s name before the referee registers and before June 1.
4. Once a registration form is submitted, a later claim for a referral discount can not be made..
5. If more than one family refers the same family, the discount will go to whomever emails the referral first.
6. Under the “Bring a Friend” promotion, new families are limited to one $20 referral discount.
7. Referrees and Referrers must register for a minimum of three weeks. If they do not complete the three weeks, then all referral fees must be returned (or discounted from refunds).
8. If you refer after June 1 and payments have been made, you will have a $20 credit for additions to this or next year’s camp or classes. Referrals are not transferable.
Referral Policy (Online Classes)
Refer a friend to the same Juku Online Class and you and your friend will get the first class free. Both must be registered for the whole course.
To refer a friend, just add your friends name to the bottom of the online registration form.
Conditions: These conditions must be met. No exceptions.
1. The new family (“Referree”) must have never had a family member attend any courses or camp at Juku. (For Summer 2020, this is not required).
2. Both the referring family (“Referrer”) and Referree must enter the names into the registration form before either registers.
3. Once a registration form is submitted, a later claim for a referral discount can not be made..
4. If more than one family refers the same family, the discount will go to whomever registers first.
5. Referrees and Referrers must register for the whole course and for the same course.
6. If you cancel part of the course, any refund calculations will not include the free first week.
Refund Policy (Camp)
Things happen! When you miss a class because of sickness, “Wonderland” visits, relatives in town, or for any reason, we do provide partial refunds. Only the “Class Fees” including: meal plans, and extended hours are refundable, other fees (registration fees, field trips, car transfers…) are not refundable. Non-qualifying discounts/referrals (“Adjustments”) may be deducted from the refund.
The refunds for full weeks are based on the date of the email.
Before June 1, 2020: 100% of the “Class Fees” and “Other Fees” are refundable (less $25/student admin fee). For 2020, the admin fee has been waived.
Before July 1, 2020 : 70% of the “Class Fees” are refundable (no admin fee)
After July 1, 2020 : 50% of the “Class Fees” are refundable (no admin fee)
Refunds for partial weeks (days): 70% of the “Class Fees” before July 1, 50% of the “Class Fees” after July 1 (no admin fee)
Refunds are only available if we receive an email confirmation at email@example.com before any days are missed. At the end of camp, we will only be looking at this email address.
Refunds are available after October 15. All refunds must be picked up before December 31, 2020 and accompanied with the original receipt. Without a receipt, only a non-transferable credit for next year’s Camp Juku is issued. A $3 fee is applied to e-transfers.
Note, this is a courtesy we offer parents when their child is sick or has to go elsewhere is not offered by very many other “camps”. We can only offer this if we strictly abide by the rule that we only considered those requests made through “firstname.lastname@example.org” and the processing is done after the camp is over (usually after October 1). Sorry, but there are no exceptions.
Refund Policy (Online Classes and Classes)
Refunds are available for withdrawals from the program. There are no refunds for missing classes.
Refunds start from the date we are notified by email confirmation at email@example.com. There are no refunds for past dates.
One week before class starts: 100% of the “Class Fees” and “Other Fees” are refundable.
After one week before class starts: 50% of the “Class Fees” are refundable.
Note: Any discounts or free classes based on full enrolment will be rescinded and refund calculations will be based on no discount being applied.
Parents registering at our Stouffville location – Grand Opening – 50% off the class portion of the first week (July 6-10). To qualify each student must be registered for at least 3 weeks and before June 1. Note: both the “Grand Opening” and “Referral discounts” cannot both be applied to the camp fees.
New Parents – Bring a Friend! Now new parents to Juku Learning Centre, Camp Juku, or One Red Apple Learning Organization can earn a $20 referral discount for both you and your friend. This is limited to one $20 referral per family. See referral policy.
Big Bonuses for those who register before March 31st. (click here to see details)
1) Big screen family friendly movie including popcorn, drinks, snacks and games for J-points.
2) Full refund of all fees (no admin fees) before June 1st.
3) Free Math and English worksheets for those who want to keep sharp during the extended March Break.